Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Do Hard Things: Summer Reading/Bible Study


Hello again,

I am doing a second update to make up for missing like a week. For the past month, we have been searching for a summer reading to include as apart of our weekly bible study. When I was at Barnes and Nobles, I was talking to another young man who works with youth and he recommended the book, Do Hard Things. After previewing it, I realized that this was exactly the right type of reading I was looking for. I had been searching for so long and could not come across the right book that would be entertaining, relevant and inspiring.

Do Hard Things is a book that was written by teenage twins Alex and Brett Harris. This book encourages youth to not settle for mediocre behavior and goals, but to excel in God's kingdom by doing challenging things that would defy society's low expectations for teens. I am really excited because this should be a wonderful experience.

Tonight we will begin reading Chapter 1. Recap coming soon.

As always, keep us in prayer and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment